"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

new studio, new lights, new camera = action!

My portrait business has been on the back burner for the past couple years because of all the effort I've been pouring into CTT. I stopped taking new clients and slowed down a bit with my regulars.

Well... I'm back!

I've just moved into a sweet studio space in the Livestock Exchange Building at 1600 Genessee. This is in the bottoms area of Kansas City, next door to the Golden Ox, across the street from the R Bar and down the street from the Dolphin Gallery.

I'm so excited to be shooting portraits more regularly now and hope you'll spread the word about my business. If you call to make an appointment and mention my blog, you'll get a 20% discount. In a few days I'll be mailing out cards, as well. They will entitle the bearer to the same 20% discount. (This offer is good through the end of October.) I hope to see some of you who haven't been in for awhile, and I look forward to establishing relationships with some new clients, too.

My prices have remained the same for the last several years: the fee is $325.00 and includes a sitting either in my studio or at a location of your choice, along with a $125.00 credit toward the purchase of portraits. I can make prints in either black and white or color; all are archival pigment prints made on beautiful Museo Fine Art Paper.

I hope you'll call or email to set up an appointment for your children or grandchildren. And I hope you'll tell your friends!

Looking forward to seeing you soon. I'm in Suite #525.

Here are a few portraits recently made in the new studio.










No comments: