"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, July 29, 2007

MO-KAN project


I love being on the road. I love making pictures on the road. (Here's a snapshot Max took of me being very happy on the road!) And since I have always been a proponent of photographing in one's own backyard, I have decided to make this road trip/photography thing a "project."

Kansas City straddles two states: Kansas and Missouri. In fact, my house is just a few blocks from State Line Road, which is the dividing line between the two states. I can hop in my car and head east to explore Missouri, west to explore Kansas. That's kind of what I have been doing this summer. I am excited about the adventures I've had thus far, the fact that I am getting better acquainted with my home turf and - I even like some of the work I've made. So, I'm planning to do more of it. In a couple of weeks I intend to go to the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia.

For now, I'm calling this the MO-KAN project. Here are a few more images to throw into that pile of pics.







No comments: