"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

michael


in his own words...

"I am 29 years. I was born in the village called Rubaga a few km away from Kampala. Both my parents are alive but we grew up with my mother and my mother was a good lady. She was taking care of four other boys at the same home. These boys were older than me, the last one was older than me ten years.

I was not supported a lot by my father and my mother was not earning a lot of money to pay for me in the high school. One of the elder brothers saved the little money he was getting from his first job to pay for me. This makes me to work and help the children who are needy.

I have a Degree- BA-A In Communication Skills and English Language from Makerere University.

I am married and I have one son called Brandon Timothy.

I have worked for St. Mary Kevin Orphanage for six full years. I got to know about St.Mary Kevin through a friend also called Michael who used to visit me at the former project I was working for during my school vacation called International Christian Childrens FUND. He liked my work and told me about Rosemary, the work she does and doing it alone at her age. It really touched me and I volunteered to help.

I am working in SMK as Project Co-ordinator and the Orphanage Manager."

No comments: