"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, December 21, 2006

updates

Paul Dorrell of the Leopold Gallery here in Kansas City has offered me a show of the Uganda work at his new space, scheduled to have its grand opening in March. My show will open April 27th and run through May. Paul seems really passionate about the work, which is great, and he also cares about helping support the cause, so he has offered to donate a portion of all print sales to “Change the Truth.” I think that is very cool. I am hoping to show about thirty pieces. The prints I am making are 13” x 19.” He has asked me to give a gallery talk, as well, so I am now clearly motivated to get my video/slide show put together. More info on this exhibition will follow! In the meantime, he now has a small inventory of my “Convergence” work. I am really looking forward to working with Paul, and his gallery assistant, Robin.

You may have noticed a new addition to the blog. On the right hand side I have listed some of my favorites place to go on the web. I will update this periodically. And speaking of updates, the nice guys at Greentie Design have made some additions to my website, which now includes the Uganda work, more pieces form the Shredding Project and a few new portraits. These guys are great to work with, and if any of you have design needs, whether it be print or web, I recommend them highly. You can find them at www.greentie.com.

There has been a flurry of activity over at the Jewish Community Foundation where their mail carrier has been delivering a lot of checks for “Change the Truth." Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

No comments: