"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, October 06, 2006

my dad


Most of you know my father. He's an amazing 85 year old sweetie pie who has had a very good life, one that has been full of love, travel, success, humor and much happiness. The past year and a half has dealt him some very tough blows, however. His wife of 59 years, his one and only true love since he was a teenager, my mom, passed away a year ago this past June. He fell a few times, lost more and more of his mobility, then was in a car accident and broke his neck. Now he has fallen again. He is in the hospital, and I have come to Lexington to help out with his care. "Gloria in Kentucky" will be the name of this blog for a bit now. Here is a picture of my father and me, taken in May. Please send him good vibes for a quick recovery. Harold has taken several hits, but he always seems able to get back up, dust himself off and return to the business and joy of living. He's a true inspiration to us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gloria, I just thought I would check in on you and your travels. I can't tell you how sorry I was to read about your Dad. I am so glad you are there, plus Africa will be waiting for you at some other time. Please give your Dad a hug from me.Ofcourse you both will be in my thoughts. He is a true inspiration to all of us plus a great big teddy bear that is loved by all. Take care of each other. Love,faye

Anonymous said...

Gloria, Sorry to read about your Dad please keep us posted. I gather from Faye's posting that the Africa trip will be postponed, for now. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Sandy