"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, April 12, 2013

build a good name



Last year I read and loved Patti Smith's memoir Just Kids, so when I saw this video posted up on my friend Susan's facebook page, I was excited to watch it.

It's six minutes long, but totally worth watching. Patti nails it.

had got to give a little talk/presentation last night to a group of LA collectors/photo enthusiasts who are in town for the weekend. I was really nervous about it. But somehow, after listening to Patti rock on with her gems of solid advice and inspiration, I felt calm and strong.




2 comments:

Cheryl H-T said...

I loved this one from her: “Life is an adventure of our own design intersected by fate and a series of lucky and unlucky accidents.”

Anonymous said...

I loved Patti Smith's comments. I met her a few times when William was alive and she is delight. We got rip roaring drunk together with Jose Ferez at William's funeral and I ended up telling her I love her. Hah!
-Philip