"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, August 24, 2012

lucky number seven and a rescued photo



In three short weeks I'll be finding my way to a comfortable coach seat on KLM to wing my way to Uganda for the seventh time. Now that my summer vacation has ended, it's time to start finalizing the details surrounding my trip.

Rather than doing the logistical things I really should be doing, I am sifting through old images. That's how I get inspired. I've always loved and believed in Imogen Cunningham's mantra: "Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I'm going to take tomorrow."

So, I'm psyched to get to Uganda and start shooting again. 

Over the course of the next few posts, I'll fill you in on what I'll be doing in east Africa this time around. For now, I'd like to share a photo I rescued from the editing room floor late last night. This was shot last December when I was working on photographing the grandmothers (and great grandmothers) who live near the orphanage.


No comments: