"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, March 17, 2012

happy st. patty's day!




I know you'll have a hard time believing this, but I am part Irish! I know, I know... everyone says that on St. Patrick's Day.

My great grandmother was named Mary, and she came from Ireland. She met and fell in love with a handsome, mustached man named Moses Moses (such a good name, his parents used it twice!) They married and had a daughter named Freda, who was my grandmother.

I don't like beer, so I won't throw back a green one today. But I will honor the 1/16th part of my heritage that is Irish by giving some thought to those who came before me. And if Max still lived at home, maybe we'd watch some old Spongebob episodes together. Max Moses Feinstein, that is.

No comments: