"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

fire drill photography


Today I was shooting at Operation Breakthrough, and there was a fire drill. Not exactly what I had in mind. I thought it'd be a major distraction/interruption. The drill was surprisingly well executed, though, and there was no chaos or fear. The few kids who were upset were simply bothered by the loud alarm. Things went very smoothly, and all 500 children were back in their classrooms in no more than ten minutes.

I figured I'd just keep shooting. I'm sure it's the first time I've ever done fire drill photography! I shot three or four pictures that were pretty successful.

I like the look of this boy's face. He seems like a wise, old soul.

No comments: