"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, June 09, 2011

leah sosland


Leah has been a friend to Change the Truth for a couple years now. She first became interested when her mom brought her to one of our fundraisers. Leah decided early on that she would like to go to the orphanage to volunteer, and I know one of these days she will. I've kind of watched this red haired wonder grow up; she lives on my block. What a poised, articulate, thoughtful and lovely young woman she is becoming.



Leah was excited to participate in the Doll Project this year. She wrote this about her creation:

"Hi, my name is Leah and I decorated a doll for the Change the Truth Foundation. My doll is a piano teacher. I really wanted to incorporate piano because I have been playing since I was five and think music is a very important thing to have in your life. I was really excited to decorate the doll and made her hair from yarn and put it in a little bun. I glued on American Girl doll glasses that I found and had her wearing a shawl made from beads (the beads were originally going to be a skirt, but that ended up being way too difficult to make). I hope people enjoy the doll because I worked hard on it and had a lot of fun doing it."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

are you related to kate sosland