"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, June 04, 2011

caroline shteamer bockelman


“My mom, Paula Shteamer and I feel privileged to be a part of this project for the second year in a row, and we are humbled by all of the beautiful dolls made by our fellow artists.

Working as an elementary art teacher for the Shawnee Mission School District, I am so fortunate to have a career that allows me to share my love of art and Art History with such animated and enthusiastic students. My doll, ‘Sunny’ is my interpretation of the great effect weather can have on them. Each day, no matter if it’s stormy, sunny, cloudy or windy, the weather works its magic and changes their energy. Fortunately, this energy, plus their fantastic imaginations are the perfect recipe for brilliant art.

With ‘Sunny’, I tried to capture their energetic emotions, and my hope is that she brings a little sunshine and energy into your life as well!”



Caroline with her family

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gloria- what a fabulous array of dolls! They are truly fantastic . I am so hopeful the bidding will be healthy.
S.M.