"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, January 20, 2011

dreams


Yesterday I received the new issue of the The Sun, and there inside its glistening black and white pages was a photograph I had submitted two years ago! The image was actually part of the Dream Series I did in collaboration with some of the St. Mary Kevin Orphanage children back in 2008. This picture illustrated one girl's dream of flying.

And speaking of dreams, I spent the morning talking with and getting to know one of Kansas City's gems, Shane Evans, whose "Dream Africa" program has led him to some very interesting places. I'm going to leave it at that for now, but something's now percolating, and it may or may not involve getting Shane to Uganda, and it may or may not involve an artist residency.

Stay tuned to learn more!!

No comments: