"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

home sweet home

I took a walk in the sweet, sticky New Orleans summer morning and also quietly roamed around Sam and Abbie's house while they slept.

Abbie is due in three weeks. I'm in town to help with last minute preparations, attend a baby shower and put my hands on a gloriously swollen belly.

The home that my grandchild will be living in is quiet and warm, tended to by gentle, creative, loving hands.























7 comments:

aileen said...

i'm not sure how i found your blog, but i have. i'm 41 and have turned my love of photography into a career recently, as my children get older. i love the calm emotion of these images, you can feel the anticipation. truly lovely. congratulations on the impending arrival of your grandchild.

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thank you so much, Aileen. I'm glad you found my blog and hope you stop by again! Thanks for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures and words, Gloria. Feels like a loving place.

~Suzanne

eddie said...

i can just feel the magic in the air

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Thanks so much, Suzanne!

Billie Mercer said...

They have a lovely home. I loved the tiny slices of it.

Anonymous said...

I do wish her safe and quick delivery with less pain.
Peter