"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, October 12, 2009

radio + dreams

Late last week I was invited into the studio of the local Kansas City public radio station, KCUR 89.3 FM, where I was interviewed by the very gracious and well-informed Susan Wilson. The resulting interview aired yesterday and will be rebroadcast tonight on the show "KC Currents" which is hosted by Wilson. If you have the opportunity and the inclination, tune in at 8 PM! If you live out of the area or won't have the chance to listen, I will be posting a link to the show sometime later this week here on the blog.




Susan asked me to talk about the DREAM series which I worked on at the orphanage this past December. Some of these images are published in my book, "Kutuuka"; some didn't make the cut, though, and I have revisited those this morning. Here is one which found its way to the edit room floor. I still like it and hope to include it at some point in the portfolio.

3 comments:

Max F. said...

Congrats!! Keeping my eyes peeled for a link..

Billie Mercer said...

Hey, it is about time for you to start teaching some workshops! I'll sign up.

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

ha! you're too kind, billie.