"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, September 04, 2009

double nickels


My birthday! The first person to wish me a happy day was one of Change the Truth's sponsored students. Nelson called at 4 a.m. Kansas City time and had about 45 seconds to send greetings before the time on his cell phone ran out. So great to start the day that way, but of course I can't fall back asleep. Thinking about my mom and what kind of day she had 55 years ago. And her mom, too.

So here's a picture of the three generations, not long after I came along.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Gloria! I hope you have an EXCELLENT day!

55!? Girl, you look GREAT! And look at all the really cool stuff you've accomplished! You make the world a far better place! How fortunate I am, we are, to know you!

--KB :)

Anonymous said...

happy day, mama gloria!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful birthday. Congratulations!
-JM

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! P.