"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

sayulita portraits

I began my quest to find the children in my 1996 portraits. It took all of five minutes to meet a a twenty-year old woman, Deera, who graciously agreed to look through the stack of pictures and see if she could identify anyone. She recognized just about everyone; within ten minutes she joined me in my rental car. We then set off on a two hour trip through of every inch of Sayulita as we went to the homes and workplaces of these now twenty-something year olds.

Each was so surprised when Deera and I handed them their picture from 13 years ago!























Stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Max F. said...

so cool!!

Unknown said...

Gloria, i love this! what an amazing stroke of luck that all the kids were still around to have their pictures taken again. I would be tickled to death if someone showed up with a picture of me from 13 years ago. Can't wait for more!