"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, November 12, 2007

fellow traveler: carol

Having spent my career as a lawyer specializing in real estate finance in NYC, I always envied people who devoted their time and energy to helping others in the world. When I would watch the news and see tragic events brought into my living room through the media, I was in awe of people who plucked themselves out of their worlds and fully gave to help others. When I learned about Change the Truth and St. Mary Kevin Orphanage which it supports, I was immediately drawn to its simple goal, to help children in need. And when chatting one August afternoon with Gloria about her anticipated trip, I knew I wanted to go. At that moment, I decided I would pluck myself from my world and for a few short weeks, see another reality, put myself in the place where I could feel and touch the children. I am joining with people so very talented in working with children and creating art and I look forward to learning, expanding my world, exercising my passion for helping children and making them laugh.

No comments: