"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, November 26, 2007

beautiful bags from uganda


When Michael came to visit us last May, he brought me many gifts; among them were these beautiful cloth bags made by his mother. I have asked Michael’s mother to make more of these so that I can sell them on the Change the Truth website. According to Michael, she is now busy sewing so that I can bring them back with me in December. Thanks to Ann’s brilliant suggestion, “Mum” is sizing them so that laptops will fit neatly inside. Stay tuned to the website upon our return to find these in the store!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gloria,
Selling the bags on your website is a wonderful idea. When our team went to Uganda last summer, my friend and I each bought a bag like that. We got so many compliments on them that we intend to bring more back this summer to sell. We would like to sell enough of them to sponsor at least one child to go to school.
Connie Lovelace