"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

good news all around!

Change the Truth has been recognized by the IRS as an official not-for-profit organization. It is also now registered and trademarked. Eddie has been busy designing and printing letterhead, envelopes and business cards in our kitchen office.

Also, some big contributions have rolled in. Thank you so much to each and every one of you who has taken it upon yourself to be a friend to Change the Truth. My heart just starts racing when I think of all we have accomplished and all there is left to do.

We have decided on a date for our very first friend raiser/fundraiser. MARK YOUR CALENDARS! It is going to be quite an evening June 12th at the Kansas City Public Library from 6 to 9 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public. Planned highlights will be African fare, African music, drumming and dancing, the premiere showing of the documentary film Lynne will make when we go to Uganda in December and a silent auction of the artwork created by the children at St. Mary Kevin’s under the tutelage of Lonnie and Jane.

And last, but not least… and I have no expectations of winning this… but I was blown away when I learned I had been nominated by GEO German Magazine to submit my Ugandan work for the German Committee of UNICEF’s Photo of the Year Award. Somebody better pinch me.


In, the meantime, I am continuing to “make stuff.” Here is my latest collaged piece.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on all the good news! i really like the new collage pieces.

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Gloria, I am so happy to hear that good news of being recognised as official organisation and I am very sure best outcomes are expected!!!!

Congratulations!!! Gloria, Eddie, friends and entire organization.


Love
Peter from Uganda

Aline said...

Wow, Gloria--not only is the work fantastic, but everything you are doing is..so so moving and beautiful. Congrations....I really like the collage pieces too!