"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

the heart is a lonely hunter



My body of new work, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter," is now in the capable hands of Joel at the Leedy-Voulkos Art Center. I've taken the pictures, printed them, framed them, cried and sweated and smiled and bled over/on them, and this morning arranged them in some sort of visually pleasing order. I think the selected wall color compliments the tonal ranges of the prints really well, and I'm happy with the way the installation is going.

Friday night is the opening reception. It's supposed to  be a pretty nice day and evening here in Kansas City, so I hope to see lots of you out and about. I'll be at Leedy-Voulkos from 6 - 9 PM.

Along with 38 pictures, you'll also find a show catalogue and my older books, all for sale in the gallery store.

On Saturday I'll post the images on my website and in an email blast to everyone on my mailing list. Those of you who are out of town will be able to see the exhibit that way.

Now pardon me while I go catch some zzzzzs.


No comments: