"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, November 27, 2009

giving thanks

Each Thanksgiving we are that dreaded mom and dad who go around the table asking each family member or friend to tell us what they're thankful for. This is the first year our immediate little family has not all been together. So, Eddie issued the request via email. Here are the things for which the Baker-Feinstein-Brandao family is thankful. Hope it was a wonderful day for all of you, my faithful readers.

"I'm thankful for my family! (I got that one in first, so no one else can use it.)"

"I'm thankful everyday for my health - in all ways - like physical, financial, spiritual and mental (okay - I know this is sometimes questionable). Somehow I find the strength to pull through without making life too miserable for others. And I'm thankful for that."

"i'm thankful for the many opportunities i have to get a great education. miss you all..."

"i'm thankful that each time i open the pantry, there is a lot of food from which to choose. i'm especially thankful for things like avocados, vanilla yogurt, cashews and ginger cookies (not necessarily in that order.)"

"i'm thankful that i have such loving, generous, and funny family members. i'm also thankful that this tradition lives on even when we are not in the same city on thanksgiving day!"

No comments: