"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, October 25, 2009

team 3: meet laura


“I've lived in Overland Park, KS for most my life. I graduated from Kansas State University in May 09 with a degree in Family Studies and Human Services and a minor in Sociology. While at KSU I joined the Pi Beta Phi sorority and was active in philanthropic activities (Ali Kemp Bandstand, Links for Literacy, Miracle Mile). After graduation I decided to take a year off from school and travel as much as I could before I started graduate school in Social Work. Since I didn't get the chance to study abroad while at KSU I was looking for another opportunity to go overseas. I knew I wanted to volunteer and work with underprivileged children when I traveled. When I heard about this opportunity from a previous traveler to St. Mary Kevin I immediately said yes! At St. Mary Kevin's I hope to help wherever needed, working in the garden, team building with the younger children, helping with yoga, etc. I'm so excited to be a part of this team and can't wait to meet all the children and be able to share my experience with others once I return.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura
Our eyes ,hearts and arms are open to welcome you in Uganda.We cannot wait to meet, but we must!
Peter