"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

team 3: meet kaley


"I am a senior at Shawnee Mission East High School in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. This year, over my winter break, I will be joining the Change the Truth service trip to St. Mary Kevin Orphanage between applying to colleges. Since I've learned of the Change the Truth foundation, I have wanted to travel to Uganda and make a direct change in the lives of the kids at SMK. I want to know that the kids will have the most positive experience that they can. I am looking forward to creating memories with these kids through making friendship bracelets and other activities. I am looking forward to sharing with the kids their daily smiles and struggles. I hope that I will be able to impart to them some tools with which they may see a happier childhood, full of hope. As the second youngest on this journey, I am hopeful that I may relate to the kids with an empathetic view. I can't wait to spend time with these kids and make everlasting friendships with the kids and team members."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kaley, it a pleasure to have you this trip, every thing shall be as fine as possible,Expect to have fun, and unconditioned love, hugs and smiles from children and i
Peter