"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, September 26, 2008

visions 2008

I was privileged to serve as the juror for the 13th Annual Visions Photography Exhibition in Columbia, Missouri. Not only did I get to meet some really nice people, I also got to see some really good photographs. It’s always inspiring to get a glimpse at fresh work being made by people of all ages, backgrounds, levels of experience and walks of life. There were professional and non-professional categories for adults – and believe it or not there were two children’s divisions: 13 – 17 years old and 12 and under.


I gave an award to a three-year-old photographer for this still-life!

Here are some of the impressive entries, images that managed to show me things in ways I had not considered before.

Thank you to the photographers who entered the show and who attended my talk, as well as the staff who made “Visions 2008” such a pleasant experience for me.











1 comment:

freckle-face said...

my sister-in-law forwarded this post to me. my favorite photo is the one with a guy in between 2 white tents... :) of course, i'm biased, it's my brother's work! :D... anyways, i'm just so proud of him. thanks for making me even proud-er! we miss them back here in the philippines. more power to you!