"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, April 17, 2008

exercising a different muscle

I think some of these may actually be worth printing when I get back home. For now, they are more like work in a sketch book. I am limiting myself to the lens baby (for the most part) just so I can try out a new shade of charcoal/a new stipple paper, if you will. In the old days, I would tape these new pictures up in the darkroom or scatter them around the house on various tables (so I could catch a glance as I walked by) to see if they have any staying power OR lessons to learn that might help get me to a new level. Now, with the blog, I can return to them with a click of a few keys and study them in an easier fashion. Sharing them with others at such an early stage is always kind of scary, but as I get older, I definitely feel braver in that regard!



2 comments:

Billie Mercer said...

Letting go of that protective shell of ??? ego ??? not sure what to call it, as we get older feels good. Keep having fun with the lensbaby. BTW, which one do you have? 1, 2 or 3?

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

Billie,

I have the 2. Thanks for the encouragement to keep "having fun"!