"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, October 26, 2007

letters and photos from uganda

“Dear Friends of Change the Truth,

My name is Joseph Mukiibi. I am 13 years old. I live at St. Mary Kevin Orphanage Motherhood. I am an orphan. It is sad, however I am happy that I have Madam Rose Mary who took care of me when I was eight years old. I am very happy to receive the good news about my sponsorship from Change the Truth. Now I can see my future is bright. I promise to be a good boy and to work hard in my secondary school because through your help I will start Senior One. I have sent you my photo.

God bless you,
Yours faithfully,
Joseph”

“Dear Friends of Change the Truth,

My name is Habib Mbowa. I live at St. Mary Kevin Orphanage Motherhood. I am 14 years old. I have no father or mother to take care of me, but I have a grandmother with four grandchildren. Mary Kevin Orphanage started taking care of me when I was in Primary Four.

I am so excited to receive your sponsorship and I promise to strive for my future. I did my last term’s exams and I was ninth out of fifty three students. You have made my dream very clear.

Yours faithfully,
Habib”

No comments: