"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, April 27, 2007

opening is tonight!

English Lesson, Buyingi, 2006

What a wild couple of days it’s been! On Wednesday I reluctantly plopped myself down in front of a mic, donning headphones no less, to do an interview with Steve Kraske on KC’s local NPR show called “Up to Date.” I was very nervous about the whole thing, but I must admit that Steve made it pretty easy, and I was ultimately pleased to be able to get the word out about the exhibition and Change the Truth to a lot of people who otherwise would not have heard about them. Just as I had recovered from that, I found myself standing in front of the partially installed exhibit discussing my trip to Uganda with Loren Halifax from the local Fox channel! Paul, the owner of Leopold Gallery, has been terrific with the PR about the show. There will also be articles in the KC Star, the Pitch (a KC weekly) and a couple of other local publications. Hopefully, we’ll raise lots of money to send to St. Mary Kevin’s.

Hope to see many of you at the opening tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I regret I won't be able to join you at the opening tonight but please know how proud I am of you and the great work you are doing for the children at St. Mary Kevin.

Anonymous said...

Gloria................I am so glad that you envited me to attend your open house for the children at St. Mary Kevin. I love your art works and you have captured the meaning of your love for this community in Urganda. Thank you for going before us and see this need.
Sincerely your nurse........Betts