"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, March 31, 2016

nkuringo

These are photographs, some of which I just processed for the first time since I captured them in 2012, from one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited. Maybe the most beautiful.

With my sister, I traveled to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park after a stay at St. Mary Kevin Children's Home in Kajjansi. Bwindi is in the southwest corner of Uganda, very close to the border of the Democratic Republic of Congo. We were there to do a gorilla trek. That trek was one of the most challenging and exhilarating experiences of my life.

I love seeing these pictures now. They transport me right back to the dense, lush, verdant and mountainous landscape of the rain forest. They remind me how lovely planet earth is, how generous and warm people are and how moved and humbled I was to be in the presence of the silver back mountain gorillas.

It was truly one of the best journeys I've ever taken.




























No comments: