"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, March 07, 2015

chicken soup on an elephant placemat



There truly are medicinal benefits floating around in a good bowl of "Jewish penicillin," and I am fiercely slurping down the stuff. Eddie tries to make each meal fun; today's lunch was served on the placemat I loved when I was a kid (thank you, Mom, for saving everything).

Days three and four post-op have been exciting, and that means tiring. I had my first of many sessions of physical therapy yesterday. Today's schedule included my first shower. Every task seems to take ten or twenty, maybe 50 times longer when one arm isn't working so well.

I'm still reaping the benefits of pain meds, so I continue to avoid the operation of heavy machinery.


No comments: