"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, September 05, 2014

classic photos

My daughter recently asked me to go through old family photos and make some copies for her to hang in her home.

My absolute favorites are from husband Eddie's Bar Mitzvah album. The pictures were taken by Bernard H. Winer (who, according to a quick Google search, died in 1999). These photos are classic early 60's party pics. I'm guessing Mr. Winer used a medium format camera with a big flash. He had a shot list that included all the basics: the candle lighting ceremony, the limbo, the dance with mom, the tie adjustment in the mirror. These photos are gorgeous - 8 "x 10" prints made on beautiful warm tone black and white paper. They've held up exquisitely over the years. Mr. Winer, I wish I could interview you. Bravo and thanks.

Enjoy some of my favorites for yourself!



















No comments: