"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Thursday, December 20, 2012

post from team 6: anna




"As I awoke this morning I realized I was in Uganda, a tiny little country in the middle of Africa. All of the preparing, the 24 hour flight, getting donations; it all came down to this. The walk to the orphanage from the hotel was completely sublime. I was amazed at how green everything was, how many chickens and goats were on the side of the road. It was picturesque seeing a group of little Ugandan kids smiling and waving at us ‘Muzungus’. The orphanage is beautiful. The kids are beautiful. The red dirt, due to so much iron in the ground, is beautiful. It adds a uniqueness to this already unique village. I have rarely been around so many energetic, kind, spontaneous, curious and smiley people than at the orphanage. I was truly taken by their kind and innocent faces. It was a magnificent day to say the least. I have two weeks left on this journey, and I want to make as big as a difference as humanly possible. I am touched by the love of the kids at the orphanage."

- Anna


No comments: