"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, March 06, 2011

one quiet kind person = one huge cartwheel

My sister's video did not win the "Cartwheel for a Cause" contest.

But her good work paid off. This story has a happy ending!

I didn't get around to opening yesterday's snail mail until late last night. In the pile of mostly junk was a plain white envelope that was hand addressed to me at CTT. There was no return address. Inside was a cashier's check for $5,000 made out to CTT, along with the following unsigned letter:

"Dear Ms. Feinstein,

I watched a profile of your organization a few days ago on NBC Action News (Channel 41). The segment discussed your desire to win a video contest and highlighted the activities of your non-profit organization (Change the Truth).

After viewing the piece, I went to your website to research your organization a little further. The Lord spoke to my heart, and I wish to assist you. I understand that the prize for the video contest is $5,000. On behalf of all the wonderful people you are trying to assist, please accept my humble donation for this amount.

May God continue to bless you and your organization, Change the Truth, as well as the beautiful people you are helping to assist."


Wow!

13 comments:

LDMark said...

wow, indeed... the power of just doing what you need to and doing it well...

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! That is so cool. Wow, the power of tv.

chilegringa said...

That is fantastic Gloria! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to wake up in the morning and have it affirmed that there are wonderful people in this world--you included. My heart is filled with joy for you and CTT!

Cheryl

TD in OP said...

so awesome and so deserving

Anonymous said...

I am always taken when these kind of people just come out of the woodwork and give of themselves. This is just another one of those incredible stories!
-C.

Suzanne Garr said...

HOLY BUCKETS!
WOW, how incredibly insightful, caring, considerate and above all giving. That is incredible!

Congrats Gloria and CTT and all the kids at SMK!!
suzanne

Anonymous said...

All I can do is echo what others have said? WOW ! !

pamela anderson said...

Inspiration. Beautiful. Bless you!!

Anonymous said...

This is truly amazing. I was so excited to share the broadcast with everyone I texted that day and I know there are even more people who love and care for those children now. Congrats Gloria, you continue to inspire.
-Emily

stacie p. said...

OMG!! That's so amazing! clapping my hands and doing a happy dance alone in my studio just for you!

Gloria Baker Feinstein said...

So glad you are all as excited about this as I am!!! I keep wondering who the mystery donor is, of course, and I can only hope he/she is somehow receiving all these wonderful messages.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!! I could not be more thrilled for this donation and proud to be associated with Change The Truth. And I know a bunch of special kids that will benefit greatly from this guardian angel's generous gift. It is truly an example of the power of one!!
Melissa