"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Saturday, November 07, 2009

team 3: meet christy


My name is Christy. I'm the proud mother of two spectacular children––Matthew, 24 and daughter, Taylor, 22 and I'll be traveling to Africa from San Diego, California. As a professional photographer, I primarily photograph buildings and structures for architectural clients. Some of my recent projects have been the Phoenix Convention Center in Arizona, TCF Bank Stadium in Minnesota and the new Yankee Stadium in New York. I delight in seeing the world through the lens of a camera. My upcoming trip to SMK will be no different. Camera at my side, I can't wait to take in the experience.

I'll have just turned 46 as I step on the plane as a member of Team 3 and feeling all the butterflies of a wide-eyed, excited, but apprehensive woman about to embark on my most adventurous pilgrimage ever. Experiencing this journey to Uganda has been something I've considered for years and I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to finally be a part of the team.

Life is truly a privileged journey - one to grow on, one to be tested in and one to find the strength to discover the unique individual you were created to be on this great, big, beautiful earth. I've seen the stunning pictures and I've read the heartfelt testimonials, but I can't wait to do all I can to contribute to SMK and experience the unconditional hugs and smiles from all the children who live there. It will be an honor to share all of my daily enthusiasm and effort as part of the team that Gloria has brought together through friendship and fellowship. I want to offer all that I can to encourage, share and support the good work of all the teams who have traveled before me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Chirsty, it is pleasure to have on this trip of team, i can assure you that your life will never remain the some. Children and i , we are expectant ant .Our hearts and arms are open to welcome you.
Peter-Uganda

Carolina Blouin said...

Best of luck, Christy! We are so proud of you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a great group of volunteers again this year. I'm looking forward to following your progress while in Uganda.
-JM

Anonymous said...

Gloria, you are the thriving conduit that has made the value and impact of helping the wonderful kids at St. Mary Kevin real. You know, like my favorite old band sang, 'without love in a dream it'll never come true', your passion is contagious and has helped me see...and I know I am not alone. Thanks for that, I am just grateful I can be apart of the important work CTT is doing in some small way.

I have enjoyed reading about T3 participants, how cool (and hopeful) that you have so many young people going with you. - P.