"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, March 16, 2015

introducing: some grandmas

Here are a few things I've figured out how to do with one (non-dominant) hand:

peel and slice a banana
tie my shoes
snap and unsnap my bra
use a pair of tweezers
take off and on a sling
put on a tank top
write thank-you notes

But the best thing has been (DRUM ROLL, PLEASE!!!!):

figuring out that I really want to get my grandma book off my desk and out into the world.

Being cooped up (not able to drive), sitting still more than moving around, thinking and listening more than talking, having lots of awake hours during the night, being in a constant state of pain and having to truly be in each moment as I awkwardly navigate my way through the day has made me realize something really important:

if it matters, just friggin' do it.

SO…

just in time for Mother's Day, my photo book about grandmothers, Some Grandmas, will hit the shelves!

I'll give more details soon… just wanted to whet your appetite and let you know that you need look no further for that perfect gift for your favorite grandmother (or grandchild) this May.

I haven't figured out one handed gift wrapping yet, but by then I'll be out of my sling :)

PS - if you'd like to receive notifications about the book's release and are not already on my mailing list, please shoot me an email at gbfeinstein[at]gmail[dot]com.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting, Gloria! We can't wait!
- Leah

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to placing my order :)
Susan