"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Sunday, November 09, 2014

why i do it




A sense of discovery is what drives me to make pictures. Discovery of the world around me, discovery of how I fit into it. I can’t not make the work. The world and its inhabitants hold so many questions and so many secrets, so many layers and shapes and juxtapositions; my photography sometimes satisfies my curiosity about these things, and sometimes it only adds more questions and secrets to the pile. I'm happy either way.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

There is a lot going on in this photo. I'm trying to figure out if that's the building coming in at a wavy angle on the left? I like the contrast of the sunlight and shaded areas, and the reflection in the window of the street sign.