"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Friday, February 01, 2008

save the date


The Change the Truth Friendraiser/Fundraiser is over four months away, but I am now in the process of printing the “save the date” cards and will mail them next week. Can’t help it – I’m a Virgo… we Virgos are blessed (cursed?) with the need to be at the head of the class when it comes to organizational skills. (You should see my sock drawer.)

The event is scheduled to take place at the very cool Screenland Theatre in Kansas City on June 12th. We will have African food, dancing and drumming, as well as the showing of Lynne’s film about the orphanage and our trip there.


There will be shopping, too! We will be auctioning paintings and drawings made by the children during art class with Lonnie and Jane this past December. Some of the artwork will take the form of greeting cards, and they will be available for purchase, as well. African crafts will be strategically placed by our checkout stand for those of you who are known to give in to impulse shopping.

I may have one really big surprise about the evening to announce in the near future, so stay tuned!


Please be sure to send me your snail mail address if you are not currently on our mailing list. That way I can send you a spiffy save the date card, and later, an invitation to the real thing. Consider sending me the addresses of your friends, your aunts and uncles, your boss, your distant cousin and your next-door neighbor if you think they may have an interest in joining in on the fun.

Also, if you would like to help us plan and/or work at the event, let me know that. I guarantee we’ll have a good time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Ms. Virgo, for the advance notice. I am an Aquarian (see also Sign of Genius that Borders on Insanity)* but I do love and need this kind of advance planning. Going to write in my calendar now.......

:)

*this can actually be found via google.

P.S. Am married to a Virgo (9/22)--not always an easy gig. But this is how you accomplish enough for 10 people in just one small space of time.