"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lange

Monday, September 17, 2007

libby

I just had to include this series to complement the previous post.

Part of this little girl’s birthday celebration each year is a trip to my studio. Not only am I honored that she and her mom spend part of the actual birthday with me, I am lucky to have gotten to know both of them pretty well. I now consider them friends, and I look forward to each October when I know it’s time for the next birthday!

When Libby was one, her mom had taught her to hold up one finger. By two, she had it mastered.

So… we just kept going.

Her little sister has started a series of her own now. For now, though, here's Libby:






1 comment:

Aline said...

What a simple, yet brilliant idea....these are beautiful by the way!